When it comes to festive celebrations, Dubai puts on a grand show, in keeping with the city’s reputation for glamorous grandeur. New Year’s Eve is no exception; if anything, New Year’s Eve sees the grandest celebration of them all. Talk about fabulous glittering parties, incredible fireworks that light up all of Dubai and fests, shopping discounts and impromptu concerts everywhere. If there’s one place in the world where all the movers and shakers are headed this New Year’s, it is Dubai. You’re joining them, right?
1. Catch the Best of Dubai’s Incredible Fireworks
The whole of Dubai is making plans on how to get to the best vantage point for a close look at the city’s fireworks. Given that most of the city’s famous attractions plan on their own pyrotechnic extravaganzas this year, getting a front seat shouldn’t be too difficult. For that matter, every major firework display will be visible from different vantage points in the city. Find high points, such as the rooftop of a tall building and watch the fireworks bloom on New Year’s Eve in Dubai across the city. Taking in the fireworks display is one of the best things to do in Dubai on New Year’s Eve.
• Burj Khalifa: The most extravagant of these fireworks is scheduled to happen at the Burj Khalifa. Note that public transport will be closed from 10 P.M. to 6 A.M. on New Year’s Eve. So, get to the Burj Khalifa well before time this New Year’s Eve Dubai.
• Atlantis the Palm: The other not-to-miss fireworks show is at Atlantis the Palm, which plans to put up an extravaganza to vie that of the Burj Khalifa’s this year.
• Burj Al Arab: Burj Al Arab plans to put on fireworks show that’ll be visible from across the manmade island, the Palm Jumeirah.
2. Attend Lively New Year’s Eve Parties
What’s a New Year without cool parties that go on all night? Here are some of the best parties to look forward to in Dubai this year-end.
• Rooftop party at Level 43: The Level 43 restaurant at the Four Points by Sheraton boasts of one of the most spectacular views in Dubai. Get to this landmark on Sheikh Zayed Road to say goodbye to 2017 from a height. From here, you can enjoy front-row views of the fireworks gala at the Burj Khalifa. A fine buffet and live music from the in-house DJ and dancing with your partner will keep you happy and entertained
• Jive The Night Away At The Meydan Hotel: Meydan has lined up a couple of international DJs again this year to do justice to your New Year expectations! You’ll be right to expect some high-octane energy on the floors with throbbing lights, plenty of drinks, and an electric atmosphere. The Sky Bubble terrace at the Meydan offers you some of the best views of the stunning Burj Khalifa fireworks extravaganza and the all-lit-up Dubai skyline on New Year’s!
• Be At The Atelier M’s Masquerade Ball: Got a mask? If not, get one ready right now, and go as glitzy and as glamorous as you want to. No half-hearted or boring efforts, not for a party at The Atelier! Located in a sky-high building in the Dubai Marina, The Atelier offers a fabulous vista of sparkling skyscrapers and the marina below for your view. Dance the night away after a five-course dinner at the restaurant (book ahead of time) and the best fireworks show in all the world.
3. Feast and Fireworks At the Burj Al Arab
Come New Year’s Eve and all eyes turn to the Burj Al Arab, the world’s only 7-Star hotel. And the Burj Al Arab doesn’t disappoint; this iconic sail-shaped hotel provides a magnificent backdrop for one of Dubai’s most mesmerizing pyrotechnic displays of 2017. Dine in great luxury under a huge bespoke marquee as you watch the incredible fireworks while enjoying a cool sea breeze and relishing the incredible views of the Dubai New Year Spectacular.
Dubai’s beaches are some of the best party destinations in the city. Parties aren’t allowed to get too wild, given the city’s culture and restrictions with regard to alcohol, but they’re all the better because of the regulations. You can enjoy any beach party with your family in total comfort.
• Beach Party At The Atlantis, The Palm: The Royal Gala at the Atlantis, The Palm is held on the beach, which literally transforms into a party scene complete with band, exclusive menus, and unbeatable views of Dubai’s fireworks displays. Dress your very best, and pull on all the glittery stuff you possess. No need to feel shy over wearing too many crystals and glittery clothes – this is The Gala of the year.
• Magic At Nikki Beach: Nikki Beach transformed into a garden for the 2016 NYE. This year too, there’s going to be a magical transformation at this original beach club, though the details are not out yet. What you can be sure of is great quantities of glorious food, live entertainment and plenty of poolside fun to keep even the very bored ones totally happy and entertained.
5. Join A Fabulous Street Festival At The Rove Hotel
Don’t care for the glitter and glamor, but still want to party the night away? Then head to Rove Hotel’s Street Festival for a cool barbecue, laidback music and a front-row seat to the awesome fireworks at the Burj Khalifa. It’s the perfect place to be with your family, with concerts and performances and plentiful wholesome food to keep everyone entertained.
6. Desert Fun At Bab Al Shams
Not interested in fireworks or dancing and drinking the night away? Well then you’re in luck because you can join a traditional Arabian NYE celebration at the desert. The desert resort Bab Al Shams’ Al Hadheerah restaurant is holding a fabulous feast to bid adieu to 2017. Surround yourself with the mystical desert as you partake of an incredible traditional Emirati menu, watching traditional belly dancing, Tanura and other cultural dances. Get your hands and feet painted in traditional henna designs, go horse-riding into the mystical desert and be sure to watch the incredible camel show! It’ll be a New Year’s Eve with a difference, but that’s what we want, isn’t it?
Dubai has something for everyone this NYE, whether you’re the wild party animal, a lover of tradition or a creature of the water. The spectacular fireworks all over the city make NYE in Dubai something out of a fantasy dream. Absolutely unmissable!