After spending sleepless nights to prepare for the big event of your life, it is the time to have some more sleepless, but beautiful nights ahead. The tradition of honeymoon started in the 19th century by upper class people in Britain, when they use to take couples for the Bridal Tours. This practice later became the trend and now the norm to complete after getting married. Honeymoon is a period when couples spend most of the time understanding their needs and spend time together before getting back to their professional lives. Moreover, this is also the time to have a quick trip to an exotic location with the new life partner. Indian couples have been looking forward for some famous but lesser known places to engage in honeymoon tradition. Apart from Indian destinations, couples are now looking for foreign countries to have a week long honeymoon trip.
We have handpicked top 5 destinations to choose from for your next honeymoon destinations in India:
- Horsley Hills: Many might not have heard about this exotic location which falls in the South India. This is slowly becoming the best among honeymoon vacation destinations. Nestled in amidst greenery and hilly areas of Andhra Pradesh, it was named after Cuddapah district collector W.D Horsley. Surrounded by green patches of hills and other enigmatic destinations, Horsley Hills is the best option to go for. This hill station is boosted with attractions like Koundinya Wildlife Sanctuary, Environment Park and Mallama Temple. The best time to visit this location is during rainy season when the entire region becomes warm and gives a good scenic view of hills.
Things to do in Horsley Hills:
Visiting Galiband, View Point and the Gangotri Lake
Horsley Hills Museum
- Munnar (Kerala): One of the top romantic honeymoon destinations in India, in fact around the world, Munnar is no less than enigmatic and pure magical location. Beautiful backwaters, green hills, long-stretched beaches and coffee plantations make Munnar the best location to spend time with your partner. Sitting in the houseboat that takes you to the real charm and backstage of Kerala makes you go ‘wow.’ Kerala is the most delightful state and if you’re visiting during a festival season, then you’ll get a glimpse of tradition and culture. For couples, Munnar and other such locations in Kerala are worth exploring and spending time together. Wearing traditional Keralite attire and gulping tasty foods floating on the backwater will be an amazing experience. Some of the romantic things to do are:
- Spa Session
- Houseboat ride
- Rent a car or bike and travel across hilly areas of Munnar and surrounding
There are Kerala tour packages provided by online tour companies helping you with stay, travel and location visits. Availing for such packages will certainly help in getting best honeymoon experience.
- Gulmarg- Kashmir: There is no doubt that Kashmir is a heaven on earth. It is the perfect honeymoon destination, especially during the winter season when the entire region gets submerged into snow. Gulmarg is considered as the most exotic location for honeymooners offering breath-taking views of hills and tress cloaked by white snow over it. Indulge in local flavour and cuisine, and more importantly the tradition. Visit the spectacular Dal Lake that gets freeze during winter. Some of the things you can do in Kashmir (in and around Gulmarg are):
- Gondola ride and watching Gulmarg from 14,000 feet height
- Walking in the strawberry valley
- Leh-Ladakh: What else you need when you ride along with your partner on a bike watching the still and picturesque mountains around. The dramatic changing of sky pattern and long roads makes Leh-Ladakh an ultimate location. Though many groups of youngster can be seen riding across the valley, but now this magical place is also becoming the preferred option for honeymooners. Visit monasteries which can be spotted at every hill top. Engage in a charming social tradition. Visiting Ladakh during festival will make you to greet vibrant culture and people wearing attractive brocade best clothes. Biking and camping near Pangong Lake is the best experience you can have. It is considered to visit this place at the time of mid-June and September. If you’re planning to get married in the month of April or May, then book your tickets to this exotic location for June month. Check for the travel packages offered in Leh-Ladakh which includes travel, stay and mountain biking.
Things to do in Leh-Ladakh:
- Visiting Nubra Valley, Pangong Lake, Leh Palace, Likir Monastery, Hemis Monastery,
- Rafting at Zanskar River
- Driving on the Magnetic Hills
- Coorg, Karnataka: The most engaging and beautiful hill station in down south, Coorg remains one of the top romantic honeymoon destinations in India. Lush-green environment, warm climate, waterfalls, monasteries, coffee plantations and many other things makes Coorg an ultimate location. Each location here describes the mixed culture of Coorg and why it is the best place. Check out the coffee plantation which is spread over 300 acres where you can spend some quality time and enjoy the scene of coffee dales. This is the perfect setting to get into the romantic mood. Coorg is known as the Country of Hills and there are many tourist locations to explore, these includes-Abbey Falls, Nagarhole National Park, Dubare Elephant Camp and a few others. If you’re ready to spend good amount of money and want to enjoy luxury stay, then check out The Orange County, the most famous and luxurious resort in Coorg.
Things to do in Coorg:
- Visiting Nagarahole National Park
- Tibetan Golden Temple, Bylakuppe
- Omkareshwara Temple for its Gothic and Hindu style architecture
- Also visit Madikeri
- Engage into the Coorgi tradition by wearing their attire
So after you’ve decided honeymoon vacations spots to visit, you can now look for honeymoon packages offered. Booking online with a reputed tour operator will help you in getting the best honeymoon tour package that include varieties of activities and travel cost. Once booked, you don’t have to worry about the rest. You can enjoy the best hospitality and spend some romantic moments together.