Need a dash of inspiration and insight on Dubai Expo 2020? Read each and every detail here that will help you understand the magnitude and scale of this unprecedented event.
Back in November 2013, the announcement in Paris at the general assembly brought a mammoth celebration in Dubai and the whole city immersed in the joy of receiving the prestige of hosting Expo 2020. After the Olympic Games and the FIFA World Cup, the world expo is the third-largest global event in terms of economic and cultural impact.
In its 6-month edition, it collaborates nations, fosters innovation and brings unique ideas that meet multifarious subjects’ requirements, from education to employment and lot more. It creates a fun-induced and eye-catching attraction for the millions of visitors by blending the love and tradition from across the globe.
What is Expo 2020 Dubai?
Before we go on and tell you what Dubai Expo 2020 is all about, here is the background of world expo. A world’s fair, world fair, world expo, universal exposition, or international exposition is the exhibition on the global scale where several nations represent themselves and display their respective outstanding innovations and achievements. The international sanctioning body for the world’s fair is the International Bureau of Exhibitions (BIE).
The first recognised World Expo happened in London, UK in 1851 with the theme ‘Great Exhibition of the Works of Industry of All Nations’.
Dubai Expo 2020 is the blueprint for smarter and innovative cities. It is the effort towards genuine change in the future that impacts on major global scenarios like poverty, environment, and cleanliness. When Dubai shared its vision of the new world and its ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’ concept, there was no one even close to its victory. It grabbed the opportunity with a huge margin from Russia and Brazil. The bidding was high and Dubai got the slot to organise the World Expo 2020. Its theme echoes the spirit of teamwork, a celebration of human ingenuity and power of co-operation to bring the solution to the world challenges. And this is what, that has been the guiding light for UAE’s development from past.
Things you should know about Expo 2020 Dubai
• It will start on the UAE’s 50th National Day, which means a spectacular ceremony is soon to go on floors. The expo 2020 dates are 20 October 2020 to 10 April 2021.
• Decided by His Highness, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the logo is an ancient gold ring that was discovered on an archaeological site called Saroug Al Hadeed.
• The sub-themes of Dubai Expo 2020 are:
– Opportunity (everyone can do something for the better future)
– Mobility (bring knowledge, ideas and strategies for new possibilities to emerge)
– Sustainability (the balance of life and environment with wise use of resources)
• The crux of this event is to facilitate better partnership and teamwork amongst the nations- to come together and reach sustainable development goals.
• 25 million visitors are suspected to arrive at this mega event, out of which 17 million are foreigners.
• It is set to unite 190 nations in its city under this world-renowned banner.
• This is going to blow your mind- just for the sake of this marvellous event, Dubai has made a new city, “Dubai South”.The site is magnanimous and covers a jaw-dropping area of 4.38 sq km, including the 200 hectares gated area.
• The main topics of the expo are business, real estate, economic growth and environmental issues. Dubai’s team is strong headed and is focusing primarily on architecture, industrial and product design, interior design, graphics and digital design and fashion design.
• It is expected to add an astonishing amount of dirhams in Dubai’s’ economy and spur the economic growth by a significant difference. ‘Dubai Expo 2020 is to contribute Dh122 billion to UAE economy, and support 49,700 jobs per annum’, as per the top news reports.
• There are pavilions designed for every nation to shelter them and give them enough space to spread out and showcase their big promising products. There will be live entertainment, meeting areas, memorable interactions and plenty more stuff going on inside.
Venture into few of them here:
– Belgium Pavilion has a green ark,
– Monaco has a 360 degree Pavilion,
– Japan Pavilion is on water, wind and light,
– Austria Pavilion uses 9,000-year-old soil for construction,
– Brazil Pavilion has water features to walk through
– Spain Pavilion’s conical shape shows biodiversity and organ transplants.
• There are also pavilions for every sub-themes. The architecture will leave you spellbinding and question every time, “How did this happen?”
• The Al Maktoum International Airport is getting revamped along with thousands of hotels that are coming into the picture. 100,000 rooms are to be built by hotels till 2020. It is a continuous effort from Dubai’s side to make everything perfect and flawless.
• The legacy of the Expo 2020 Dubai will continue even after the 173 days session completes, for the use of coming generations and people in Dubai. It would be a catalyst for the awareness moto as the visitors here will understand and acknowledge the consequences of an ill-treated environment, and will learn how to have a fruitful, healthy and resourceful living on the planet.
Attractions in Expo 2020 Dubai
Be ready to be spoilt for choices-
• The array of 200 restaurants and eateries offer a variety of foods and drinks from all over the world, offering you your favourite way of eating- from the street style to the upscale dining.
• The Al Wasl Plaza’s steel dome has a 360-degree screen projection visible to the audience inside and outside.
• The galleries and the attractive arts hung up on the wall will redefine your sense of creativity. The living canvas is examples of how brilliant human minds are.
• Stroll, wander and discover the expo around without facing the heat of the city under the shade of the national tree. The palm groves, jasmine trees, and wadi figs are all planted to keep you cool.
• You can observe the expo from a rotating tower and get a bird-eye view of this lively exhibition.
• There are a lot of events held around giving you a hint of how amusing festivals are done in different countries. You can also put up a show without any roof required.
Events in Expo 2020 Dubai
At the same destination, you can taste a bit of every culture from the 5 continents. Here’re some rocking events ready to take you over-
• There is never going to be a dull moment in this innovation festival, we can say this because the top celebrities will be performing concerts of dance, song, comedy skits along with the local artists.
• The virtual theatres, fashion shows, dance routines, acrobats will be held in places.
• Enlighten your kids with the make-your-own-robot workshop. The other interesting kids’ events include exploring the 3D human organs and exercise-gaming activities.
• You are going to meet ‘out of the box’ thinkers and creators from a number of streams fulfilling both you and your kids’ dreams.
• Join the sports, yoga and other core and mind focused activities (both virtual and augmented reality activities) that are ready to give you a fitness fix.
• People who dream of startups and unusual ideas of enterprises, this platform is exploding with various business promises.
• For all the night owls who plan to have a blast after the sun goes down, there are pyrotechnics displays and concerts taking a level up of the entire experience.
Dubai is crowned for setting a benchmark in the tourism and hospitality industry. Book your tickets for Dubai Expo 2020 to unfurl what wonders does the city bring this time!