Dubai is one of the world’s most visited tourist cities. People from all over the world travel its lengths and breadths to see the wonders of Dubai. But for Indian citizens, Dubai is located at a small distance of only three hours by air. With hardly any time difference and jetlag issues, Dubai is one of the hotspot cities on the vacation list of the Indians.
Out of the 85% of the expat community in Dubai, Indian form a majority number, but sadly, Indians do not have a visa free entry in Dubai like many other ones including US, UK and more. However, the Dubai visa requirements for Indian citizens is quite lenient and if all the documents are in order, getting a visa online is a matter of just 3-4 working days.
Read on to know everything about how to Apply for Dubai Visa for Indian Citizens.
Eligibility criteria for Indian citizens to obtain Dubai Visa:
• Indian citizens who have travelled to UAE or other countries like USA, UK, Schengen countries, European Union, Australia, New Zealand, Russia, Canada, Switzerland and Japan, at least once before in the last 5 years are eligible.
• Indian applicants not meeting the criteria of prior travel record have to mandatory present proper financial records, i.e. the income tax return of last two years having a gross income of over INR two lakh per annum. The source of the income specified must come from business, employment or profession.
• A personal invite from any close family member residing in UAE on family status with the spouse and the children below 21 years of age and/or parents above 60 years of age. People fulfilling the above criteria can be invited by the Dubai residents.
• A newly married Indian couple travelling for honeymoon post marriage is eligible for visa on the basis of submission of their marriage certificate and an NOC from their parents on both sides. The documents must include their wedding card, a valid Photo ID proof and a marriage photograph in order to get the clearance for a visa to Dubai.
Types of Visa permissible for Indian Citizens:
Transit Visa :
A transit visa is issued for travelers looking to stay in Dubai during a break journey. In such a case visa requirement for Indian citizens vary. A traveler must stop at the Dubai airport for at least 8 hours to be issued a transit visa for duration of 96 hours. To get a transit visa issued, the application must come either through the respective airline, the Dubai hotel authority or via an authorized travel agent.
A tourist visa applied by an Indian citizen is considered as a special category visa. This nonrenewable visa is issued for a period of 30 days. Since it’s non-renewable, a heavy fine is levied if the citizen is found staying past the expiry of his/ her visa.
It is one of the most applied and approved Dubai visa for Indian citizens. It is issued to Indians willing to stay in Dubai for a term of more than 14 days, or Indians visiting Dubai for any family or business visit. This type of Visa is valid for a term of 30 days in case of short term visa and valid for 90 days for long term visa.
For Indians looking to stay in Dubai for work must apply for an employment visa. In such cases even the employer (regardless of the fact that it is a local company) also has to get a work visa from the Immigration Department of Dubai. The visa of the employee has to be sponsored by the employer.
Multi Entry Visa:
While travelling through the sea route, travelers who need to enter and exit Dubai more than once during their travel are issued the Multi entry visa. Indian tourists or business class people on their work related trips to Dubai are mostly granted this type of visa. The validity of such type of visa is 6 months from the date of issue with each stay in the city not exceeding a span of 30 days. This is a non- renewable visa and can be obtained once the traveler enters Dubai.
Compulsory documents for Indian citizens:
1. Copies of 1st, last and observation page of passenger
2. Recent passport sized photograph (as per specification)
3. Visa Application Form (signed by the person filing the application form).
4. Confirmed airline ticket of the passenger
Compulsory documents from the Sponsor calling his/her family member:
1. Copies of 1st, last and resident/work permit
2. Letter of undertaking/Invitation
3. Valid address proof
4. NRI bank statement for last 6 months
Compulsory documents from the Employer calling for Employment:
• Visa application form along with a photograph of the sponsored person which is to be approved by the authorized signatories or sponsor
• Passport copy of the sponsor
• Passport copy of the sponsored person
• A copy of employment contract or the salary certificate of the sponsor
• Proof of relationship with the sponsor (in case the sponsorship is given by a family member)
• Travel insurance
Application process for Dubai Visa initiation can be done through:
1. Visa sponsored by a local UAE citizen (for work and visitor visa)
2. Visitor visa application through a local hotel
3. Authorized airline agent of Dubai Naturalization Residency Department in India (DNRD)
4. Visitor visa application through a UAE based airline
The certification attestation process of Dubai visa for Indian citizens is quite straightforward. All educational certificates, academic and professional certificates of the employee must get attested by the UAE Embassy in New Delhi and UAE consulate in Mumbai. These certificates must first get attested by the Consular Section of Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India. The photocopies of these certificates must be submitted to the Consulate/Embassy along with the copy of the passport. Two copies of a recent photograph (passport size) have to be submitted.